Problems with the delivery of your telephone purchase?Did you accept a clear and comprehensive commercial offer over the phone? Then all you can do is wait for delivery of your telephone purchase. Unfortunately, this does not always go according to plan:
returning your parcel if you received the wrong parcel or if it was damaged.
Is this not the case? Allow the seller a new (reasonable) delivery term, preferably via e-mail. Does the trader not meet the new delivery term? In that case, you can terminate the contract and request a full refund.
In such cases, you are entitled to request a replacement. You are backed by European legislation on conformity guarantees. The seller must pay for any costs involved.
Is it not possible to exchange an article, e.g. because it is not in stock? Or can your telephone purchase not be delivered within a reasonable time frame? State that you want to cancel your order and request a full refund of the purchase price and delivery cost.
But remember: if you accept the delivery, the seller will no longer be liable for the damage. In other words: have you (or someone on your behalf) accepted the delivery of your telephone purchase? In that case, you have accepted its present condition. It will be difficult to get a refund from the seller for damages, such as scratches, tears or marks, you have identified later on.
How to avoid this?
- Ask the courier to wait while you check your parcel. Is it damaged? Refuse to accept it. Or accept it provisionally and note your comments on the delivery note.
- Take photographs of the damaged packaging.
- Immediately contact the seller in writing – by e-mail or registered post, and request a credit note or refund.
- Never return the parcel without prior approval from the seller.
- Comply with the returns procedure as instructed by the seller.
- Is the seller not collecting the parcel? Use a secure transport method and keep hold of any proof of return shipment to get a refund from the seller for the cost of returning the item.