Right to information
You are entitled to receive specific information, both before and after the booking. Remember to clearly differentiate between information you receive:
The travel operator and reseller must provide you with specific information in writing before you book the package travel arrangement. This includes, but is not limited to, the following:
- the main characteristics of the package travel arrangement (including travel destination(s), travel route and periods of stay, including the dates and, if accommodation is included, the number of nights);
- passport and visa obligations;
- contact data for the operator or reseller (telephone number and where possible e-mail address);
- the total cost of the package travel arrangement, including taxes and additional fees, supplements and other costs;
- payment arrangements, including deposit;
- minimum number of people required to make the package travel feasible;
- cancellation options;
- ·obligatory and optional insurance.
Has the travel operator or reseller not properly informed you about additional fees, supplements or other costs? If so, you won’t have to pay them.
When entering into a package travel agreement, or as soon as possible thereafter, the travel operator or reseller must provide you with a copy, or confirmation, of the agreement via a durable medium (e.g. e-mail). This acknowledgement constitutes your package travel agreement. The agreement must be formulated in clear and understandable terms, confirm the information you received earlier before making the booking and contain further information on the following:
- your specific requirements (as accepted by the travel operator);
- the travel operator’s liability concerning the correct implementation of the agreement;
- the travel operator’s duty to provide assistance;
- the contact data of the relevant body in the event of bankruptcy;
- the contact data of the local representative or service in the event of problems;
- the obligation to report non-conformity as soon as possible;
- the minor’s or their representative’s contact data at the travel destination in the event of package travel (including accommodation) for minors travelling without supervision;
- the available complaints procedures or alternative dispute resolution;
- the right to transfer the package travel arrangement.