Returning your online purchase to the seller
What should I pay attention to when I return goods?
- Never return the parcel without prior approval from the seller. Usually, the seller will arrange for wrong or faulty goods to be picked up.
- Comply with the returns procedure as instructed by the seller.
- Check to make sure the address is correct: the seat of the company and its warehouse can be located at different addresses. When in doubt, contact the seller.
- When using your right of withdrawal, make sure to comply with the 14-day deadline for returning the goods. The deadline starts as soon as the seller has informed you about their returns’ procedure.
- Is the seller not collecting the parcel? Use a secure transport method and keep hold of any proof of return shipment to get a refund from the seller for the cost of returning the item.
- Pack the goods up with care. When possible, use the original packaging, even though this is not mandatory, even for returns under the legal guarantee.
Who has to pay the return shipping costs?
This depends on the reason for the return.
- If the goods that were delivered are not in conformity with your order, then the seller has to bear the costs of return.
- If you are returning the parcel because you did not like the goods, then you have to pay for the return shipping costs unless the seller did not inform you about this prior to your order. In practice, many online sellers offer free returns.
Who is responsible for lost or damaged return parcels?
- If the seller offered free returns, for instance by providing you with a paid-for shipping label, then they are responsible and have to reimburse you.
- If you arranged the return shipping yourself, then you should contact the courier, who will compensate you according to its terms and conditions. Do you intend to return an expensive purchase? Keep in mind that most couriers limit the amount of compensation you can demand in their terms and conditions. You might want to consider using an insured transport method. Always keep the proof of return shipment.