Travelling by plane
Are you being unjustly denied boarding your flight? Has your flight been delayed? Or even cancelled? Has your luggage been lost or damaged? Then you would do well to know your rights:
The European regulation 261/2004 applies to every flight:
- from an EU member state, regardless of the flag under which your airline is flying
- from a third country into a European member state, on the condition that a European company is operating your flight
Regulation 889/2002 (the Montreal Convention) applies to all European airlines. The Montreal Convention essentially handles issues with flight delays and luggage.
Are you having a problem with your flight? With the advice below, you’ll know exactly what to do:
- My flight is delayed.
- My flight is cancelled.
- Flight brought forward.
- You were prevented from boarding without a valid reason.
- You need special assistance because you have a disability or reduced mobility.
- Your luggage has been delayed, lost or damaged.