Travelling by train
Delays, or lost luggage? This can also happen if you travel by train. International railways are therefore subject to the European Regulation 1371/2007. This provides answers to the following questions, among others:
- What information should the railway company communicate to you before or during your train trip?
- To what assistance and compensation are you entitled in the case of delay or cancellation?
- What are the rights of a rail passenger with a disability or reduced mobility?
- To what compensation are you entitled in the event that your luggage becomes damaged, delayed or lost?
- Can you take your bike or car on the train?
Certain European countries, including Belgium, apply the same regulations for their national transport.