Enforcement of the judgment

Yes, the court has reached a decision about your European trade dispute, but what now?

Has the judge issued a judgment on your case? This will apply in all EU member states. You don’t have to initiate an additional procedure to have his judgment acknowledged.

Does the losing party refuse to implement the judgment? In that case, you can call upon the services of the executive authority, usually a bailiff, preferably in the country in which the trader is based. Provide the bailiff with a declaration from the court confirming that the decision must be implemented.

Would you like more information about bailiffs? Check the details.