A few tips to avoid unpleasant surprises
- Always read the general terms and conditions first on the website you intend to use to book your holiday to verify whether it accepts responsibility in the event of problems.
- Don’t be fooled by photographs, read the proposal in detail.
- Remember that hotel classifications can differ considerably from country to country.
- Always check review websites.
- Remember that you don’t have the same level of protection as that offered by package holidays when looking for suitable accommodation yourself.
- Preferably pay by credit card. In the event of fraud you can claim back your money from the credit card issuer.
- Keep a detailed record of all documentation (screenshots of the accommodation description, booking process, photographs you have made of the accommodation on the spot, etc.) to ensure that you have proof in the event of problems.